CREAF is seeking to appoint one technician to work on the FORGENIUS project (Improving access to FORest GENetic resources, information and services for end-Users); with ref. 862221, financed by the European Union into the H2020 program.
A full-time contract is offered (37.5h per week), and likely to start at the beginning of March 2024 or soon thereafter and will last at least for 12 months with possibility of extending it if required and if the budget allows. The salary offered is €1,916.75gross per month.
- Contribute to running a field protocol for the sampling of functional traits (including water relations traits) of forest trees across a network of sampling sites across Europe.
- Organize the field expeditions to the different sampling sites across Europe, in coordination with your supervisor, a second technician, local partners and relevant authorities.
- Travel to the local field sites, carry out the sampling protocols and measure the corresponding variables in the field.
- Coordinate with the laboratories of FORGENIUS partners to send/receive the required materials for further laboratory analyses.
- Take the required laboratory measurements to determine the relevant plant traits for the samples mentioned in the previous point.
- Provide general support to other staff taking additional measurements as part of the project.
- Contribute to managing the databases resulting from the measurements mentioned in the previous point.
- Assist in data analysis whenever required for the development of the project.
- Degree in Biology, Forest Sciences, Environmental Sciences, or equivalent.
- Expertise in using the basic analytical tools employed in ecology (data management, statistics).
- Knowledge of English.
- Willingness to travel and enthusiasm for fieldwork in ecology.
- Experience in carrying out field protocols involving sampling of plants under field conditions and/or
- Expertise in taking eco-physiological measurements and using the corresponding scientific equipment under laboratory conditions.
- MSc or PhD related with the tasks mentioned above (water use and drought responses of plants).
- Research experience in the field of plant drought responses.
- Knowledge of another language (beside Spanish, Catalan if the case, and English).
- Candidates who have a recognized disability and accredited equal to or greater than 33% will be prioritized, as long as the disability is compatible with the proper performance of the job.
SELECTION PROCES AND CRITERIA:
Admission of candidates: applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and a cover letter (maximum 500 words), until February 15, 2024. Applications referred to another portal, other than CREAF job openings section and the instructions included in this, will not be accepted.
- Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
- Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.
- Final decision: in case of finding the suitable person, the election will be formally communicated to him/her, and the identification of the chosen person will be published on CREAF job opening section.